Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
The Software Developer is responsible for designing and developing web-based and client server applications by using requirements analysis and design techniques. Developers will manage teams of programmers to write code according to specifications. Additionally, the software developer partners with chief infrastructure and architectural heads to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements.
- Participate in the development using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability.
- Implementing the detailed application design of the system provided by the application Architect.
- Adhere to the version control system, build and release processes and coding standards.
- Participate design and code walk-through for review and incorporate feedback into design and code artefacts.
- Work with team members to identify potential risks in application design and delivery.
- Perform unit and integration tests and identify any resulting issues/bugs and recommend remedial actions.
- Provide tier 2 technical support of the application Portfolio, ensuring agreed SLAs are met.
- Communicate project status, issues and risk factors to project team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
- Able to partner with the technical team to elicit, prioritize, and obviate critical development challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users as well as technical users.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Relevant experience in senior application development and data management roles of which minimum three years in development experience with .NET, C#, PHP, MongoDB
- Minimum two years relevant experience with SQL Server 2008 – Stored procedures, Functions, Views, Indexes, Relational Database Design;
- Extensive experience in building Web/Windows Forms solutions using the .NET Framework and Visual Studio 2010
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented architecture and design patterns for building highly scalable applications using .NET framework (3.5+)
- Experience in developing design artefacts based on UML notations and using standard tools;
- Proficient in back, middle and front-end development;
- Possess knowledge and understanding of XML documents, XSD schemas, XSLT to develop the necessary schemas and maps to represent the flow of the messages through the solution;
- Possess a good understanding of relational database concepts;
- Possess client-side Web development skills (HTML, scripting, AJAX, JQuery);
- Experience in Visual Studio Team System/ Team Foundation Server is desirable;
Job no: KOAN90411
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31 March 2020